Saturday 28 June 2014

Take Five! ( And some Blog Candy!!)

I decided this week to challenge myself by using only five products to create a layout - in this case, cardstock, patterned paper, stamps, ink and my Cricut.  I have to admit I am an embellishment junkie, but I wanted to see if I could come up with something using just the basics!


Because Canada Day is right around the corner, and I have some great photos to scrap from LAST year's celebrations, I started with that.  It helped that the June Stamp of the Month (available for just a couple more days for $5 with your $50 purchase!!) was a perfect fit, and I really wanted to use the Canadian Celebration (D1459) stamp set, as well!


I started out by making some patterned paper:



And a few page elements:


Added the patterned paper:


And got busy with my Cricut and paper trimmer:


The final product, which I am pretty happy with, is here:


I finished up by adding some stamped images to the background.  Total time about 45 minutes from start to finish, and I didn't spend an hour looking for the perfect embellishment!!  It was a fun challenge, 
and I may just try it again soon!  I challenge you to use your stamps to create a page (or two) and
 post a link in the comments - I have a little mini stamp set which I will draw for on July 3 
from all  those who post a comment with a link!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments - they help me make this blog better! Thanks!