Wednesday 22 October 2014

Wonderfully Wicked!

The spooky season is just around the corner and I love celebrating Halloween!  This year's Halloween collection from Close to My Heart is adorable and I love that it includes one of our new colours, Thistle!  I LOVE purple with the traditional orange and black colours of Halloween.



I decided to tackle a project that was posted on the new CTMH blog - a paper witch's
 hat that was pictured in the Annual Inspirations Idea Book.  I am not normally a "follow the pattern" kind of gal, but I loved this project and the step by step tutorial complete with pics made a complicated project fun and easy!!


I am really happy with how it turned out! Using my Cricut Artiste cartridge with Cricut Craft Room on my computer made laying out the cuts quick and easy and the step by step instructions were clear and easy to follow.  Here is a close up of the flowers:


I added some non CTMH leftovers Halloween embellishments from years ago - the flowers are fun and so easy with the Cricut.  The spider web edge was made with the cupcake liners!

All of the details, along with instructions and some alternative ways to create your own hat, are
 found on the CTMH blog, Make It from your Heart!

Supplies used are listed below:



Z1790          Cricut Artiste  Cartridge

X7185B      Scaredy Cat Paper Pack

Z3011         Scaredy Cat Assortment



Happy Day Everyone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments - they help me make this blog better! Thanks!